Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Magic of Sprinkles

I am sure that every parent has used the bribery method at some point. "If you clean your room, we will go get ice cream!" I am sure is a phrase that has been used more times then can ever be counted. But why do parents use the bribery method? Its easy, because it wo
We have a "game day" tradition with our kids. After every game ~ win or loss ~ we go for ice cream to celebrate a game well played. So how do we reward our kids for being extra good on game day? With Sprinkles of course! Those magical multicolored globs of sugar have now symbolized how well our child has played the game. "I earned sprinkles today!" is a phrase that I love to hear. Not because my child will now bounce off the walls that much more. But rather it means that they are proud of an accomplishment they achieved. Even if its just a sprinkling of extra sugar that gave them that extra umph to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment